Remember the 3 Day Military diet plan?
The Military diet plan is the one you follow strictly for 3 days. It helps you lose weight even after you finish it.
In order to keep losing, you need to follow the 4 Day Off the Military diet plan, which is a typical 1500 calorie diet.
4 Days Off the Military diet plan menu
One of the things I like best about this diet plan is thе possibility you have to pick and choose your daily menu from a huge list of different delicious meals.
From the menu items, listed below, you must choose one breakfast, one lunch, one dinner and two snacks.
This whole daily menu equals approximately 1500 calories, which is the daily calorie intake for this diet plan.
The variety of breakfast meals is huge. I am sure everyone will find their favorite breakfast meal below:
You have it all from cheerful fruity breakfasts like smoothies and yogurt parfaits to waffles, cheesy omelets and whole grain toasts with tomato and avocado slices.
I know toast and English muffins are favorite breakfast to many, so we’ve got 3 different whole wheat toast recipes and a toasted English muffin with spinach and eggs topping.
1. Banana and Honey Smoothie
- 1 cup plain soy milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds
Prep: Blend in a blender.
2. Yogurt Parfait
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
Serve: Layered in a bowl.
3. Cheerful morning
- 1 cup milk
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 cup cheerios
- 1 orange*
* Optional – eat only if you want.
4. Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
- a pinch of cinnamon
Prep: Cook oats with milk and apple. Use walnuts and cinnamon for topping.
5. Walnut Waffles and Berries
- 2 whole grain waffles
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 7 walnuts
Prep: Make waffles and top them with berries.
6. Florentine Egg and English Muffin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 whole wheat toasted English muffin
Prep: Scramble eggs and spinach and eat them on top of toasted English muffin.
7. Cheesy Omelette
- 2 egg omelette
- cheddar cheese
Prep: Make two egg omelette and top with grind cheddar.
8. Protein Power
- 2 lean sausages
- 1 soft boiled egg
- 1 kiwi fruit
9. Bagel and lox
- 1/2 whole-wheat bagel
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 oz smoked salmon
- 2 slice tomato
- 2 slice cucumber
- a few red onion slices
Prep: Mix cream cheese and salmon and top the bagel. Add tomato, cucumber and onion to finish the topping.
10. Egg on toast
- 1 egg scrambled
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 slice of whole grain toast
- 2 tomato slices
- 1/4 avocado sliced
Prep: Cook scrambled egg in butter. Use as toast topping with added tomato and avocado.
11. Pear and Almond-Butter Toast
- 1 slice of whole wheat toast
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 pear sliced
Prep: Mix almond butter and pear. Use as topping for the toast.
12. Tomato-Basil Ricotta Toast
- 1 slice of whole wheat toast
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 slices of tomato
- a few fresh basil leaves
Prep: Top the toast with cheese, tomato slices and basil leaves.
1. Tuna Walnut Greens
- Mix 2 cups of spring greens, 3 ounces of tuna, 3 tablespoons of walnuts, and 1 cup of grape tomatoes cut in half.
- Add 2 tsps of balsamic vinaigrette as dressing.
2. Tuna Pita
- Mix 1/2 can of tuna with 1/4 cup white beans, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Serve in a 4 inch whole-wheat pita with 2 leaves lettuce.
- Eat 1 cup of grapes on the side.
3. Protein Salad
- Mix 2 cups lettuce, 1 cup chopped raw vegetables, 1 hard-boiled egg, 2 teaspoons of raisins and 2 teaspoons of almonds.
- Top with 2 teaspoons of balsamic dressing.
4. Mediterranean Plate
- Stuff 1 piece of whole wheat pita bread with 1 ounce feta cheese, 1 cup of tomatoes, 6 olives, 1/4 cup hummus and 1 cup raw spinach.
- Use 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice for dressing.
5. Veggie Lunch
- Eat 1 cup of lentil soup with 1 slice of toasted whole wheat bread topped with 1 teaspoon pesto, 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella and 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
6. Vegetarian Quesadilla
- Stuff 1 whole-wheat tortilla with 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar, 1/4 cup black beans, 1/4 cup each sliced peppers and mushrooms, sautéed in 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Serve with 1/4 sliced avocado.
7. Black-Bean Wrap
- Mix 3/4 cup of black beans, 1/4 avocado, 1 cup of romaine lettuce, 2 tablespoons of salsa.
- Wrap this stuffing inside 2 whole wheat tortillas.
8. Turkey, Pear and Swiss Sandwich
- Eat 2 slices of whole grain bread with 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 5 slices of turkey, 1 pear sliced, and 1 slice of Swiss cheese.
9. Chicken Salad Pita
- Mix together 1 cup diced and cooked chicken, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup chopped scallions, 1 stalk of chopped celery and 1 cup of salad greens.
- Stuff inside a whole wheat pita and enjoy your lunch.
1. BBQ Black Bean Burger and Slaw
- 1 black bean burger cooked with 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce, served in a whole wheat bun.
- For the slaw: Mix 1.5 cups of shredded cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You can eat the slaw in the burger or on the side.
2. Hot Peanut Chicken Wraps
- Saute 2/3 cup of sliced chicken, 1/4 cup scallions, 2 tablespoons of peanuts, 1 tablespoon hot sauce and 1 cup of shredded cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mix in cooking spray.
- Wrap all this in 2 whole wheat tortillas.
3. Cajun Chicken With Rice
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon dried Cajun seasoning on 4 ounces of chicken breast and bake or grill.
- Saute 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1 bell pepper in 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and a few sprinkles of Tabasco sauce.
- Add 3/4 cup of precooked brown rice.
Serve: Chicken on top of the rice.
4. Florentine Goat Cheese Flatbread
- Saute 4 ounces of chicken, 3 cups of baby spinach, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, and 1 garlic clove.
- Put all this on a piece of whole grain flatbread, topped with 1 ounce goat cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
5. Shrimp and Zucchini Pasta
- Cook 2 ounces frozen or fresh shrimp with 1 clove of garlic, 1 cup chopped zucchini, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Serve: on one cup of whole wheat pasta noodles of your choice.
6. Shrimp Fried Brown Rice
- Saute 1 cup cooked brown rice, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 garlic clove and 1 tablespoon grated ginger.
- Add 3 ounces of precooked shrimp and 2 cups of bok choy.
- Saute for a few minutes.
7. Pepper Cilantro Fajitas
- Cook 1 cup bell peppers, 1/2 small onion and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Spread 1/2 cup refried beans on 2 whole wheat tortillas.
- Finish topping with sauteed vegetables and cilantro.
8. Black Bean and Zucchini Quesadilla
- Saute 1 cup chopped zucchini, 1/2 cup black beans, 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Place mixture on 2 whole wheat tortillas, sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheddar.
- Fold in half and cook in a pan until the cheddar melts.
- Top with 2 teaspoons of salsa.
9. Tortilla and Cheese Chili
- 1.5 cups of warm vegetarian chili topped with 2 tablespoons of chopped scallions, 8 broken tortilla chips, 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar.
- Side salad: 2 cups mixed greens and 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing.
10. Cheese and Artichoke Pizza with side salad
- Top a whole grain flatbread with 3 tablespoons spaghetti sauce, 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Side salad: 3 cups mixed greens, 2 tablespoons pine nuts and 2 tablespoons of Italian salad dressing.
11. Stuffed Chili and Cheese Potato
- Top a baked potato with 1/2 cup of turkey or vegetarian chili, 1 cup cooked broccoli and 1/4 cup shredded cheddar.
12. Italian Sausage Pasta
- Saute 1 sliced italian sausage, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms, 1/2 cup chopped onions and 1/2 cup chopped zucchini.
- Add in 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce to warm and serve over 3/4 cup of whole wheat pasta topped with 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese.
For all sushi lovers, here’s the 4 Days Off the Military diet plan sushi menu:
- 1 cup miso soup
- 1 Tuna roll
- a small seaweed salad
Don’t forget – you should pick and choose 2 snacks for the day to eat in between the main meals:
- 1 cup snap peas with 1/4 cup hummus
- 1 cup of cantaloupe with 1/2 cottage cheese
- 1 cup carrot sticks with 3 tablespoons of hummus
- 1 apple and 22 pistachios
- 12-oz latte and 1 clementine or mandarin orange
- 10 tortilla chips with 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1 banana with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 2 Crispy rye crackers with 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 cup plain yogurt with 1 cup mixed berries
- 1/2 ounce raisins and 2 tablespoons soy nuts
14 almonds and an apple
- 1/2 cup sorbet
1 ounce chocolate-covered almonds
- 100-calorie mini bag popcorn
- 1 ounce string cheese and 4 whole-grain crackers
- 3 cups air popped popcorn, nothing added