What You Need for the Scarsdale Diet?
Scarsdale Diet – Before You Get Started
Before you get started with the Scarsdale diet, you need to have all basic foods and other ingredients at hand.
Don’t wait till the very last minute to buy the ingredient you need for your next lunch or dinner. There is a huge possibility not to find the right food, or similar one to substitute it.
Don’t substitute lunch for dinner or vice versa – that’t not the way Scarsdale diet works! Minor exceptions are allowed only once per week – beware any exception can delay your good weight loss results.
Scarsdale Diet – Basic Shopping List Guideline
The following list with foods is the Basic Shopping List Guideline for the first two weeks on the Scarsdale Diet:
- Whole grain, whole wheat, or low carb – 1 loaf
- Grapefruits – 6
- Assorted Fruits – at least 28 pieces or more
- Lemons / Limes – 3
- Celery – enough for 14 days of snacks
- Carrots or Baby Carrots – enough for 14 days of snacks
- Cucumbers – approx. 6 large
- Tomatoes – approx. 6 large or 4 cans stewed; or Salsa
- Lettuce or basic salad mix – enough for everyday
- Mushrooms – enough for 4 days
- Brussels sprouts – enough for 4 days
- Zucchini – 2 medium size
- Green peppers – 2-3 large
- Green beans – 2-4 cans
- Spinach – 2-4 cans or frozen boxes
- Assorted vegetables for dicing and cooking with dinners
- Cabbage – 1 head
- Broccoli – 1 bag frozen or 1 head
- Cauliflower – 1 bag frozen or 1 head
Optional for flavoring in cooking or salads
- onion, scallions, leeks, shallots, garlic
- fresh or dried herbs – parsley, thyme, cilantro, basil, oregano, rosemary, ginger,chives, etc.
- Lean hamburger (two meals worth)
- Roast lamb or Chicken/Turkey/Fish/Seafood (two meals worth)
- Broiled steak (two meals worth)
- Roast, broiled or barbecued chicken or Turkey (eight meals worth)
- Fish or shellfish, any kind (two meals worth)
- Tuna fish (two meals worth)
- Large eggs – one dozen
- Low fat cottage cheese (if using for substitute lunch)
- Assorted cheese slices (hard cheeses, low fat or nonfat)
Condiments and Miscellaneous
- walnuts or pecans (if using for substitute lunch)
- Vegetable Broth and Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- Vinegar – balsamic, apple cider, rice wine, red wine, etc.)
- Mustard – dijon, etc.
- Salt and pepper
- Barbecue sauce
- Oil-free cooking spray (olive oil pam)
Once you have all the ingredients, you’ll need to check the Scarsdale Diet menu plan everyday…
I made it easier for you with the following diet infographics:
Scarsdale Diet Menu – Day 1 to Day 7
Scarsdale Diet Menu – Day 8 to Day 14
Join our closed Facebook discussion group about the Scarsdale Diet.
You are welcome to join here!
There will be a lot of sharing and discussions about the original diet plan. Everyone is free to share their experience and weight loss results in our closed group. You will be able to post your before/after photos, as well as share advices on preparing the Scarsdale diet meals.