It’s always useful to have a list of low fat foods at hand. Remember how many bad food choices you have made… and now imagine how many good choices you could have made if you had that list at hand – especially if you want to lower the fat consumption in your diet.
However, if your goal is to lose a few pounds fast and easy, you’d better check out the Protein Shake Diet – no fats or significantly reduced amounts of fats plus approximately 100 calories per serving…sounds interesting…read more details
It’s not necessary to shop with a list in your hands, but it’s good to know a little more about low fat foods so that you can make healthier and more informative food choices when shopping for a healthy dinner.
You should know that it’s not healthy to lower your fat consumption to ground zero, as well as it’s not healthy to overeat with low or fat free foods, because they still contain calories from carbohydrates and proteins. The best advice is to pay closer attention to food labels.
Here is a small list of the most popular low fat foods arranged in groups:
19. Bran flakes, crispy rice, cornflakes
20. Cooked grits or oatmeal – here’s a low calorie recipe for an oatmeal cake
21. Rice or noodles – spaghetti, macaroni
22. Pasta with vegetables (primavera)
23. Pasta with red sauce (marinara)
24. Reduced-fat granola
25. Hard French rolls
26. English muffins, bagels, reduced-fat or fat-free muffins or scones
27. Low-fat or saltine crackers – lower in sodium
28. Cake – white, gingerbread
29. Cookies – reduced-fat or fat-free (graham crackers, ginger snaps, fig bars)
Check these low fat and low calories cookies and crackers
Snacks and Sweets
30. Fruits – apples, bananas, oranges, peaches, grape fruit, lemons, pears
31. Vegetables – broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, tomatoes
32. Popcorn – air-popped and light microwave
33. Puddings – made with skim milk